Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Real Christmas


I may have mentioned a time or two that I have been designing products for a jillion years or so (and loving it, I tell you!) and people like me design Christmas all through the year. And when we are not designing for it, we're looking at it, thinking about and at least once a year we actually celebrate it! Or as Jim and I call it, "Real Christmas". Sometimes it's hard to drum up enthusiasm for decorating the house when really, I was working on Christmas during Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July and yes, Labor Day.

But sometime around this time of year, I actually get a soft spot in my other-wise cold cold heart for twinkly lights, fake snow (I am in Florida after all) and the smell of ginger and cinnamon wafting from somebody's (maybe even my) kitchen. And then something big happens. I hear it. Someone singing Oh, Holy Night. Like I heard last night. And then, I drag the decorations from the loft in the garage and bore Jim with all the stories of how we acquired each one and then I'm officially In The Christmas Spirit!

Maybe I'll draw a picture about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment