Monday, May 3, 2010

Reading the Refrigerator


These are some of the ultra fun magnets (there are 32 of them!) I designed for Leanin' Tree Greeting Cards---part of the Real Women, Real Funny by My Friend Ronnie greeting card collection that was introduced in January.

I have always loved reading refrigerators. From the choice of magnets, which coupons have been clipped (really? you need to save a quarter on anti-itch cream?), photos and calendars , you can really learn a lot about a person. Families with kids have complicated schedules posted with stickers, post it notes and pretty multi-colored markers to keep track of which kid needs to be where when. It's so relaxing to know that I do not have to go to soccer, hockey, basketball, Spanish, dance, religion, or karate---unless of course I feel the urge. Shopping lists are fun too---oh, sure the usual things show up...milk, bread, eggs but it's a bonus when there are items like "tequila" and "glitter glue". I do like seeing a well placed magnet but mostly I like it when the fridge is completely encrusted in them---with a theme! Holstein cows, famous motels, felt and sequined crafty things from the senior center craft and bake sale are my favorites. On my fridge? A few well placed "inspirational" messages, holding Sunday's menu and a couple of My Friend Ronnie magnets, but I keep all the juicy information on the side you can't see right away---I'm not letting my refrigerator blab all my secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment