Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bring on the Shows!


Next Friday, we leave for New York for Surtex---a trade show for people like me where we exhibit our work and meet with manufacturers of all kinds of things. We have meetings set up with stationery, fabric, giftware and greeting card companies, plus we always meet new people along the way. It's an exciting show plus it's in New York! So in the next few days, I will be doing the following: printing out portfolio pages, organizing all the supplies, tools and stuff we need to actually hang the booth, figuring out my outfits (the most important part of this whole deal, right?), designing the handouts, begging for more appointments, losing 5 pounds (ok, that's not going to happen!) and trying to continue to speak in full sentences. I know I've done these shows for over 10 years, but they do tend to somehow sneak up on you. Here's a picture from last year---I'll post new ones after we return. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment