Monday, November 28, 2011

Bucket List-check!


I checked an item off my Bucket List last night. I don't really have a Bucket List written down but whenever I hear of someplace cool or something awesome that someone has done, I always say, "ooh, I should put that on my Bucket List--which I don't have." The Thanksgiving weekend in Florida seems to be the kick-off to party season---which lasts until the Snowbirds leave in April---so a girl's gotta keep her exercise and diet in check so that the excess cocktails and many, many tiny foods do not add up to well, excess.

So on the 4th party we attended over the weekend (one was our own on Wednesday night, and I'm counting Thanksgiving, because, well--- have you met my friends?), we stopped by an open house at the home of two of my fave peeps. These guys are awesome---funny, smart, passionate and very generous. They are both hair stylists and Anton is a former opera singer and Barry, an incredible pianist. So between adorable finger food and a few holiday toasts, they would break into song---beautiful renditions of hymns, Christmas Carols with a few guest singers to round out the evening. Don't worry, I did not do a "Michelle Pfeiffer on the piano in the Fabulous Baker Boys"---that's still to be checked off the list.

So what was my Bucket List moment? That was when Anton invited all of us to sing Silent Night together. I know---so simple! But I've always wanted to be one of those people hanging around the piano in someone's home singing Christmas Carols! I've seen it in a million old movies and when I was growing up we always sang together at Christmastime around the tree (and trust me, there are no opera singers in our family!). So thanks, Barry and Anton for jump starting my Christmas season and kicking my inner Scrooge to the curb!

No comments:

Post a Comment